Technical Details of R-APDRP
Being a core GIS company with complete range of geospatial solutions, we took the challenge to execute the GIS survey, mapping and implementation work under Part-A of R-APDRP in different states. The broad scope of work undertaken by us includes...
Base map development
The process starts with collection of inputs such as Satellite images, control points along with sketches and projection parameters. The image quality of satellite input imageries would be enhanced using image processing techniques to reduced haze, edge enhancement and tonal variation. Some of the steps are highlighted below.
- Geo-referencing using the GCPs for the desired sub meter accuracy
- Digitization of Admin boundaries (Data input to be collected from utility and/or respective authority) after necessary ground verification
- Digitization / capture of Land base features from satellite imagery.
- Landmark survey and attribute data collection as per data model using DGPS technology
- Updation of Land base based on the output of the field verification
Technical audit of Electrical Substation
The important input for carrying out the Network Survey is the Single Line Diagram (SLD) of the Electrical Substation. This activity will give clear picture of the assets and its connectivity inside the SS. Some broad steps for SS data collection including SLD preparation is as...
- The substation area & boundary will be marked using handheld device to get accurate periphery and position of the substation
- All electrical elements inside the SS shall be identified and drawn on a Hardcopy map.
- DGPS points will be taken for exact mapping of electrical assets placed in the switchyard
- All the attribute information of a particular feature available on site will be captured as per the finalized Data Model for that feature
- The Network Connectivity as available in the SS shall be drawn on the Hard copy
- The Hardcopy Map will also have the Power Flow information of the source and the destination
- Administrative and technical support from utility is essentially taken to collect the SS data smoothly
Network Survey and Mapping
The objective of Network Survey under the Project is to geographically map each Electrical Network assets like 66/33, 66/11, 33/11 kV substations, HT (66, 33, 11kV) overhead lines/underground cables along with associated line equipments such as Poles, RMUs, Distribution Transformers, Capacitors etc. and also LT overhead lines and underground cables along with associated equipments such as poles, feeder pillar boxes etc on the geo-referenced base maps of the specified areas using DGPS technology maintaining 1 Meter accuracy level.
The mapping activity also comprise of collecting and updating the various attributes of Electrical network entities as per finalized Data Model approved by the utility. The attributes thus collected will be linked to the corresponding Network elements which would be mapped through field survey. Thus there will be a one to one linkage created for any further Data Retrieval and analysis.
Asset Codification Including Painting
All Electrical Equipments which are being surveyed and mapped are to be codified based on the codification logic approved by the utility. The asset number as per the Codification Document is required to be painted on the surface for all Poles and Distribution Transformers based on the specification given by the Utility team during the initiation of the Project. The necessary activities towards Surface Creation, Base colouring etc. has to be done before code writing. The asset code shall be written legibly preferably using stencils to ensure uniformity. The specification for the pole painting will be as per the requirement of the utility (colour combination, height of the painting, text size, font, orientation etc.).
Consumer Indexing is defined here as a unique coding process for all types of Electricity Customers into a single data base structure, created with pre determined attributes connected to a uniquely coded electrical network including locations with a facility using GIS tools to query and retrieve information. The two main execution parts of this work is door-to-door consumer data collection and preparation of uniquely indexed consumer database. The broad methodology used for consumer indexing is as follows
- Consumer Survey to be taken up immediately after the Network Survey and simultaneously with the asset painting
- Field survey should follow Distribution Transformer wise pole wise approach to ensure 100% coverage of consumers connected from any particular transformer.
- The consumer Survey process would require door to door visit of each premise and collection of information as per pre-build forms