Property Survey Of Shillong Municipality
About The Client
In this project, the client is the Government of Meghalaya. The government wanted to launch The North Eastern Region Capital Cities Development Investment Program (NERCCDIP) to bring urban development in North Eastern Region (NER) like Agartala, Aizwal, Gangtok, Kohima, and Shillong. The government of Meghalaya also formed the State Investment Project Management and Implementation Unit especially in Shillong.
One of the primary reasons of SIMPU to implement such a project is to carry out survey of property tax for 27 wards in Shillong Municipal Board (SMB). For this Geographical Information System (GIS) would act as a facilitator. In this regard they wanted an agency that would carry out the survey of properties for assessing the property tax in Shillong
Objectives For TAX-GIS Are
- Showing multiple layers like administrative boundaries, important location, holdings, buildings and lots more on the Map.
- Synchronization of GIS map data with TAX details
- Showing up-to-date TAX status on Map with different color theme
- Statistical analysis on Spatial/map features
- Able to create multiple reports on the basis of mapping analysis
About The Project
According to the project scope of work, our GIS team provided GIS consulting support services to help the Government in making this project a success. The description given here is the scope of work that is to be carried out by the vendor. However, any work even if not specifically mentioned but reasonably implied for the successful implementation and good performance of the system are deemed to be included in the scope of work. The building with all attributes collected from field survey is shown connected to their respective building object.
The scope of work of the vendor includes:
Vendor provides the best methodology of conducting DGPS survey and the spatial and non-spatial data preparation. What we used to build this GIS system are
- Spatial data which is going to display on the map
- Property TAX data
- Need to know the process of TAX collection
- And defiantly some assistance or support form SMB and Urban Office
Field Survey And Mapping
Our GIS team communicated with an agency that carries out field survey and mapping services. The agency needs to update the base map according to the received satellite images. These images will be provided by SIMPU. The agency also needs to map down locations. The map should have the boundaries as polygon object.
- Vendor will create the base map from Satellite Image.
- Vendor need to digitize the built-up area or plinth area of the building as polygon from Satellite Image.
- Collecting and developing attribute data:
- Holding Number
- Owner’s Name
- Type of Construction (Assam/RCC Type)
- Location by type of Road – Main Road/Other Road/Footpath – even further minor classification
- Usage (Residential/Commercial/Institutional/Industrial)
- Area of Rented/ Self Occupied Portions (Sqm)
- Estimated Quarterly Current Tax Liability
- Proposed New Tax (Total liability)
- Tax Break-up (House | Sanitation | Water | Lighting)
- Creation of digital map of complete building information (spatial and non-spatial data)
Accuracy In Spatial And Non-Spatial Data
Under this, following services take place
- Every feature has to be captured accurately that should not cross +/- 2 meter location accuracy
- Polygons should be captured accordingly
- Every feature should be captured as described in survey methodology
- The vendor would furnish detail quality check procedure for map accuracy
This category includes following services:
- Vendor provides schedule and plan of work. This needs to be approved by SMB before starting the field survey work
- Spatial and non-spatial database for buildings of project area as layer (OGC standard, SHP, MIF)
- Spatial and non-spatial database for built-up area of project area as layer (OGC standard, SHP, MIF).
- Spatial and non-spatial database for holding Boundaries of project area as layer (OGC standard, SHP, MIF)
- All the deliverables shall be computerized outputs and the vendor shall submit two (2) copies of each deliverables in both soft (CD/DVD) and ward wise hard copy (A1 paper size)
- Training to SMB Personnel on GIS, GPS/DGPS handling, surveying and map editing tool
The accuracy of every step taken for this project is first checked by our GIS team to make sure the map that has prepared for the work is absolutely correct