Consultancy Services for Assam Governance & Public Resource Management System
About The Client
The importance of PRS (Property Registration System) first observed by NIC Tinsukia Unit, Tinsukia. Later based on the requirement of a Web Based Application instead of a manual registration process, Assam Government emphasizes to develop software for Property Registration. It started with Kamrup district as Pilot work.
A manual system for property registration and land valuation is practiced in Sub-Register office. But that system is not based on any scientific criteria and is not linked to the market value of the property. The scope of the project is to develop a web based software using GIS where both government officials and normal people get benefited. There will be clarity in each and every aspect of property registration which is based on logical ground aspects.
The revenue from stamps and registration fees depends heavily on the valuation of properties transacted. The valuation of land in the state is done by the Deputy Commissioners in every district once in certain intervals
Neither any GIS system nor computerized application is implemented earlier on this regards. That is why the Government of Assam is proposing to evaluate of existing guidelines and methodology as well as implementation of an e-registration system combining web application, SMS based service and land sale permission system where GIS and field survey utilize at its best.
The expected impact of the Investment Program is improved environment and well-being of urban residents in the cities. The project will
- Provide a clear idea of present situation
- Improve services
- Strengthen the process for better service
- Enabling the GIS decision making support system
Project Methodology And Overview
Entire project is divided into 5 phases. Each of the phases has separate timeline, work plan and deliverables.
- Phase 1 - Inception Phase
- Phase 2 - Best Practice Development
- Phase 3 - Process Redesigning & OVM Guidelines / Manual
- Phase 4 - Detailed Project Report (DPR)
- Phase 5 – Request for Proposal (RFP) Preparation
All the above mentioned phases are basically dependent on two system-GIS and E-Registration.
Geographical Information System
The scope of GIS is mainly to determine the area wise land valuation which is later used to determine the registration fee and stamp duty fee. Present practice does not utilize GIS before. To implement GIS following are the way forward:
- Conduct sample field visit in the Pilot District
- Highlight gaps / issues identified on the sample visit
- Understand the components of valuation system in terms of status, trends and gaps
- Collect data for sample existing sale details of properties
- Urban Area: Residential, Commercial
- Rural Area: Residential, Agricultural, and Commercial
- Collection of hard copy paper maps such as ward as well mouza maps, convert them in GIS interface to prepare base map
- Satellite imagery can also be an important part to give the essence of real world
- Integration of field survey data and base map and synchronize them with e-registration system
E-Panjeeyan system will facilitate the automation of the various processes of Sub-registrar Offices of the State of Assam This software solution for the Sub-Registrar’s Office which will be developed with a view to providing quick services and ensuring transparency by suitably harnessing IT enabled operations in Document Registration. It is a comprehensive IT Package to facilitate faster processing of applications submitted by the public. This will be platform independent, self contained and independent software product.
The other sub-systems are viz., Entry of Back log data, MIS Report, Marriage registration. The software will facilitate digitization of SRO processes viz.
- Assessment of stamp duty based on document category to be registered
- Registration of documents
- Collection of required fee etc as per assessment
- Entry of basic data w.r.t parties, witnesses and identifier involved in the registration
- Verification of registered deed by registering officer (RO) by crosschecking the Land Record data for ownership in case of land registration and finally integrate the data to Land Record information system for mutation
- Endorsement of registered deed by RO
- Preserve the documents in digital format along with biometric data of the parties and witnesses (photo and fingerprint)
- Processing and generation of MIS Report