Webcasting through Vehicle Mounted Cameras
The Close Circuit cameras would be connected to a NVR, Network Video Recording device which would capture the video, convert in digital format and upload the same to the web using internet connection. For better bandwith and upload speed multiple data cards will be used simultaneously via bandwith aggregation technology. The NVR would also store a copy of the video on the device for future reference. The system will work with as low as 100 Kbps upload speed and would be aimed to deliver fairly good picture quality and viewer experience. The viewing software would be available on an internet IP address and can be accessed using username and password from any computer.
All servers and other networking device used in this process were located in India and special care was taken, keeping in mind the sensitiveness of the election procedures.
Specification of the system:
- Vehicle based live streaming solution.
- Camera Hardware: Normal Close Circuit Camera
- NVR Hardware: Supports video streaming with multiple SIM cards. Viewable on Remote Monitoring center as well as local LCD in side vehicle and control the camera.
- Auto local recording in case of internet loss for up to 8 hours of storage.
- Pre-installed application which will auto start on the time of event and will also auto recover in case of internet connectivity loss and re-establishment.
- Live streaming shall support minimum speed of as low as 100 kbps
Chief Electoral Office, West Bengal
In Bye Election 2013 and Lok Sabha Election 2014